Sunday, December 31, 2006

Law student new years resolutions

To be adopted by all, no exceptions, alterations, extensions, or objections allowed.
  1. I will remember that my fellow law students are human beings and treat them as such.
  2. I will not base my self-worth on my school's US News ranking or my firm's Vault ranking.
  3. I will recognize that the law is powerful and that I can aid those who are powerless, and will do so.
  4. I will make as much money as I can while doing something I enjoy.
  5. I will share outlines and notes freely and without prejudice.
  6. I will act ethically at all times.
  7. I will cultivate at least one interest or hobby outside of law school.
  8. I will party, travel, and relax as hard as I can and as often as I can, as this may be my last real chance to do so.
  9. I will not forget the big picture.
  10. I will remind myself daily that as bad as this might be, I am privileged to be here.

6 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

With the amount of drama that occurs in law school (or maybe it's just my law school?), #7 has become one of my new year's resolutions for 2007.

Happy New Year!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Butterflyfish said...

AMEN!!!! Especially #10. I have to remind myself of that constantly

12:10 PM  
Blogger Dugi said...

My resolutions are very similar to yours that it's scary....hmm actually...not really coz I have a problem with #5.
I have shared my notes and not got that return notes (people don't understand the word SHARING in Law school)or coffee date or whatever.
That one I have serious issues with.

I'm a 3rd year Law student in Sydney Australia. *sigh*

I'm much more than that. Believe me. *sigh*

11:37 AM  
Blogger LawNut said...

Dude, #10 is SO on-point. We really are privileged to be here...I have to try to remember that more often. Thanks for that.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Justice Moustache said...

While I certainly agree that #10 is an important thing to keep in mind, I think I need to work most on #1... and add "professors" to "fellow law students."

2:34 PM  
Blogger 'Zilla said...

It's a little late for resolutions, but I thought this list was great! Spot on.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home