Saturday, December 09, 2006

Another couple of exam tips for 1Ls

These came to mind as I tried to force a semester's worth of learning into my skull in the past 3 days.
  • Create a checklist of all the concepts you went over in class. When you have an issue spotting question, go through the list and see if anything applies. Professors want you to throw it all out there.
  • If you have a timed take-home exam, don't read the question, figure it's not too hard, and then watch Law and Order for 2 hours. Trust me.
  • If you really bomb, write an apology at the end. Everyone likes polite people.*
*I have friends that have actually done this. And it worked.

4 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

I can't believe that writing an apology would actually work in that situation...

10:03 PM  
Blogger M said...

No, I'm serious, if you're down to your last hope, it can't hurt, and you can't argue with results.

5:06 PM  
Blogger angela said...

If only I'd read this post before taking my property exam... Oh well! I can always try it next semester if things don't go as well as planned.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Dugi said...

hahaha i love the third one. Yes it's worked for me too...when I've run out of time in an exam...I write a quick "I'm sorry I've run out of time...I meant to talk more about 'point','point' and 'point'. sorry please don't mark me down".

Sad I know. But it seemed to have worked.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home