Thursday, March 23, 2006

Declarations against penal interest

Is it juvenile that I snicker every time a professor says "penal"? Or "seamen"? Or "duty"? Anyways, we were learning about "declarations against penal interest" in evidence the other day, which are exceptions to the hearsay rules, and it got me thinking about some of the declarations I've made against my own penal interest in the past. Here are a few.

  • "have you ever thought about getting that mustache waxed?"
  • "your sister is kinda cute"
  • "so remember when I told you the video camera was turned off..."
  • "herpes shmerpes"


And of course the best line of all time, "I would like to extend you an invitation to the pants party." Oh the penal pain.

3 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

duty is a big one...making it thru torts was extremely difficult at times, especially when sitting next to my friends

10:26 PM  
Blogger Calculating Bitch said...

Want to talk about snickering? How about all out laughing until tears have come to your eyes because your Civ Pro prof keeps talking about humping trains (Pennsylvania RR v. Chamberlain) and how he has first hand experience with humping trains.

After about five full minutes of it, I's pretty sure he was doing it on purpose.

1:29 PM  
Blogger sadielady said...

I used to work for a man whose last name was Morehead. I used to snicker at that a lot...

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home