Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Points Whore

I collect Westlaw and Lexis points like a raging lunatic. Most people check their email first thing in the morning. Not me, I have more important things to do first. I log onto Lexis to play the true/false game for 25 points (and yes, I look up the answers), then hit up Westlaw to keycite a random case (so I get entered into the keycite sweepstakes, plus get 25 research points), then sign off to play Westlaw trivia for another ten points. And yes, I look up those answers too. There's a training session for bonus points? I'm there. Fill out some bingo card to win? You got it. Online tutorials? Done 'em all. You may mock me, but nothing beats that sense of satisfaction as I hit Lexis "Elite" status once again. In fact, I think I'm more proud of my prodigious points accumulation than anything else I've accomplished in law school. And that my friends is the depressing truth of a points whore.

*dammit, There's no Competition in Law School beat me to this post by two days. At least I'm not the only addict.

3 Comments:

Blogger The BLS said...

You know, I think that a lot of law students are Westlaw/Lexis Nexis whores. As I was reading your post, I was like, "YOU GET 25 POINTS A DAY FOR LEXIS AND 35 FOR WESTLAW?!?" (We only get 20 and 30, respectively.)

Like you, I also do my morning Westlaw and Lexis surfing. Although, I tend to keycite a case from Westlaw and then surf the citing references, as to get MORE sweepstakes entries. Just a thought for you. :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Calculating Bitch said...

Congrats on reaching the iPod already. You are truly an inspiration.

Oh, and I'm with BLS. I only get 20 and 30 points as well. You must go to a privileged school.

2:30 PM  
Blogger M said...

I can't believe they give out different points depending on your school. You should complain! equality!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home