Friday, February 10, 2006

Great news

From New York Times: Last year, for the first time since the 1997-98 admission cycle, the number of applicants to law school declined, by 4.6 percent, and so far this year, the number has declined by 9.5 percent....It may be that a surge in popularity a few years ago has, perversely, led to the current decline in interest in law schools, said David E. Kelley, creator and producer of the television show "Boston Legal" and himself a lawyer. "The more lawyers there are, the more people are out there to encourage others not to go to law school."

Great news! People are finally getting the message: law school sucks. A lot. Plus that means less competition for me. I'll keep working on spreading the word, trust me.

In other great news, New York law firms are increasing first year salaries to 145k, and Los Angeles firms are going to 135k. I can't wait for the extra cash in my pocket, but it might make me feel even more guilty about the malpractice I'm about to unleash on the legal world. There is just no way my services are worth $145,000. But then again, who am I to argue?

1 Comments:

Blogger The BLS said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I enjoy yours, too. I'll have to stop by more. :)

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home