Thursday, February 08, 2007

I am never wrong

Law school has taught me that there is no such thing as wrong. There is always an argument you can make. Unfortunately, this belief I can always be right has spilled over into the rest of my life, much to the dismay of friends and family. It was really hammered home for me this afternoon.

Tourist: Excuse me, do you know where the university bookstore is?
Me: No, sorry I don't (this is true, I still have not bought books this year)
Tourist: It's on [some street I've never heard of]
Me: Of course! Just go a couple blocks down and take a left.

I am a bad person.

2 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

you're never wrong either? nice. i can empathize with that.

1:56 PM  
Blogger J.U. said...

I've got the same problem. I used to get criticized for being being too zealous and blunt in Lawyering I (Legal Writing in some parts of the US). So I mellowed down and adopted the "neither right or wrong" attitude. Now my Advanced Litigation professor says that I should be more forceful, more blunt, and more zealous.

Go figure.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home