Friday, February 10, 2006

A Million Little Lies

Ok, I'm way behind the times on this one, which is nothing new, but I just found out that 3 class actions are being brought against James Frey and his publisher for the misrepresentations made in "A Million Little Pieces". Are you fucking kidding me? I actually read this book long before Oprah made it popular, and was similarly disappointed to find out he was lying, but this is just taking it too far. Now am I opening myself up to litigation when I tell a girl she's the only one for me? Or when I tell every firm I interview with the same thing? If only I'd know about this option back when I was rocking out to Milli Vanilli (don't forget my number!).
Newsflash kids- wrestling isn't real, the Easter Bunny doesn't exist, and people exaggerate. Get over it, stop wasting everyone's time, and get back to your pathetic, meaningless lives.

postscript: I actually was pretty pissed off myself when I found out the book was partially fiction. It was the same when Opinionista admitted on her blog that "Characters are caricaturized versions of people....None of it was entirely made up, but it was dramatized and told from my melodramatic point of view." I promise to never "Frey" you guys, all stories will be true (if not boring), although I will change identifying characteristics.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out this review from May of 2003:

http://www.exile.ru/2003-May-29/book_review.html

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home