Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Blogging blahs

Sometimes running an anonymous blog sucks. You can't really talk about really personal stuff that happened to you, cause then your friends will recognize it, and word gets out. You also can't increase your traffic by telling your friends and getting that word-of-mouth action, so it can feel like you're shouting into the void sometimes. Why keep it anonymous you ask? Because this summer I'll be blogging about life as a summer associate at a biglaw firm, and I don't want to get my ass canned. So instead you're stuck commenting on the random, stupid shit that makes up the life of a law student. And often you're so tired of dealing with that in real life, you don't exactly feel like trying to make it consumable for your 35 visitors a day. So that's why there's been the dearth of posts lately, well, that and trying to finish all the reading I've skipped this semester (thank god for legalines). But I'm comin back strong this summer, no worries, the blog will return to it's sweet goodness.

On the subject of random stupid shit, what the hell is up with bowties? Anyone under the age of 65 that wears one should be shot on sight. And that goes double for pompous law students. I mean come on, the world already thinks we're big enough tools as it is.

5 Comments:

Blogger josh said...

you should just keep your blog semi-anonymous. i post pictures and talk about all sorts of shit, but i dont say my name. and this summer, just dont name the firm, or even the city if you like.

dont take this personally, but i find it really funny by the tons of people who are so afraid of where they work. if my job is so anal that they would fire me for posting about it without revealing a name, or my own name, then fuck it, it's not worth it.

this is life. you get one of them. say what you want. this might have inspired me to write a post soon.

10:05 PM  
Blogger sadielady said...

Well I've posted personal stuff on mine plus work stuff on mine that would make it pretty easy for people who might know me personally to figure out who I am if they were so inclined; sometimes I've gotten really paranoid about it too. I don't know what the balance is; sometimes I'll post stuff then take it down a day or two (or a week or two) later - I've deleted tons of stuff already. But I also need to just rant sometimes, so then I figure, what the fuck. I just let loose a big rant on mine a few minutes ago. And now I am surfing around, looking for distractions while I cool down, b/c if I stay this pissed off due to the thing that pissed me off then it will be a really bad day. And look-a-here, I'm ranting again, this time in your comments - sorry about that! Anyway, I look forward to your summer posts. Good luck with exams.

10:09 AM  
Blogger The BLS said...

I hear that. I run a semi-anonymous blog (you know that, you visit) and I try to keep it pretty anonymous FOR THAT VERY REASON.

I agree with the above comments, though. If a job is going to get bent out of shape over your comments on a blog, they can stick it.

11:22 AM  
Blogger That Guy said...

My site is anonymous, hell, it's part of my name. My law school recently retaliated against a student that had a blog with an "offensive" post.

However, I have figured out about a dozen ways that somebody could atleast know what school I'm at...from there I'd be easy to spot.

I know what you're saying about shouting out into the void. I get about 1500 hits a week, but I only have one or two links to my blog. Sometimes I think of ditching my current one and starting a new unAnonymous blog.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! So, I'm currently an undergrad, and I'm taking the LSAT in June. Recently I've came across my new found addiction to reading law students' blogs. It gives such a candid insight into what law school is like. I just wanted to say that I have found yours especially entertaining. You seem like a hard worker, but also know express reality with a bit of sarcastic flair. You have inspired me to create my own blog...this may have sounded cheesy, but I'll top if off with a cliche and why not give credit where credit is due.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home