Sunday, April 09, 2006

Supreme Stars, part 2

Alright you YALB addicts, I know you've been jonesin hard for part two of the series, so I put extra effort into this one, just for you. I spent countless minutes searching my extensive movie knowledge and my limited legal knowledge to come up with these matches. Enjoy, and be amazed!

John Paul Stevens....................Ian Bannen
.........
Stevens is great because he's both ancient and crazy. If you ever see a 8-1 decision, there's a 90% chance that Stevens is the lone dissenter. Poor guy is always trying to get his point across, and no one's listening, but I have a strange feeling he's going to get the last laugh. So who the fuck is Ian Bannen you ask? He played Robert the Bruce's leper father in Braveheart, another go-it-alone idealist, just trying to watch out for what's best for everyone. Unfortunately Mr. Bannen died in a car crash in 1999, but let's not dwell on petty details.


Anthony Kennedy......................Harrison Ford
..........
Kennedy comes from an Irish background, and grew up in California. I'm assuming that those things are also true of Harrison. I also heard that Kennedy got the job by getting a sacred jewel from a temple deep in the forest, guarded by guys that can tear your heart right out through your chest, but that might just be a rumor.

Antonin Scalia......................James Gandolfini
.........
Seriously, do I even need to explain this one?


David Souter.........................Jim Carrey
.....
Apart from the shocking similarities in their grins, these two are both guys who made us think they were absolute crap, before showing they had a deeper, better, kinder side. Souter was supposed to be a great Republican judge, but turned out to be pretty liberal, and Jim went from Ace Ventura to Eternal Sunshine.


Clarence Thomas.....................Ving Rhames
...........
While I almost went with Nye's suggestion of Alfonso Ribeiro, as I'd heard that Thomas had some sweet dance moves, I just didn't think Carlton had the brooding look that's required to play Thomas. I also thought it'd have to be someone that understood what it was like to be best known for illicit sexual escapades. Ving Rhames seemed to be the logical pick. He's got the look down pat, and everyone remembers that scene from Pulp Fiction. Thomas had Anita Hill, Ving had Zed and the Gimp. Sexy.


Well that's it for Supreme Stars. Next step is to call your local network affiliate, mayor, senator, whatever, and get this shit on the air. Can you imagine? Maybe dreams can come true...

2 Comments:

Blogger sadielady said...

Fantastic.

5:47 AM  
Blogger The BLS said...

The mental picture of Justice Thomas doing "The Carlton" about made me shoot Pepsi out of my nose.

Nice. :)

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home