Monday, February 20, 2006

Harvard squares

I visited my friend who's at Harvard law this weekend. That poor girl. I have never met a sadder bunch of people than Harvard law kids. I guess I couldn't understand her complaints until I actually visited. I mean, I'd met a few Harvard kids before, and they had all seemed ok. Let's just say stats 101 was correct- a small sample size does not give an accurate representation.

Law students who aren't me are generally on the uglier side, and a little socially awkward. This is an unfortunate truth, and yet another reason why I hate law school. Harvard multiplies this phenomenon by about 10. Seriously ugly, seriously awkward. Plus everyone is wearing a collared shirt under their sweater. A big night out at Harvard is a beer at the local bar, a discussion about Alito, and in bed by 1am. Yikes. We wanted to go out and party, and she had no problem finding a bunch of people at 10pm on a Friday night that had no plans. Then I got hammered and made "Good Will Hunting" and "Legally Blonde" jokes until they left in a huff. Over-sensitive bastards.

She said she'd trade places with me in a second, and go to my lower ranked (obviously) school, where she could at least have some fun. I dunno, that might be a good trade. If I'm gonna hate law school either way, might as well have Harvard on my resume, right? They do have their own ice skating rink, after all.

5 Comments:

Blogger sadielady said...

personally, i figured i wouldn't be able to stand going through law school unless i went somewhere where i knew i would drink a lot, party a lot, and find cool people to hang out with. which is why i went to the big easy. yeah, baby.

10:45 PM  
Blogger The BLS said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Good Will Hunting rocks.

I, too, pity the freaks at Harvard. At first it was because I wasn't cool enough to get into Harvard. Now I know that it was ACTULLY because I was TOO cool. :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger The Namby Pamby said...

if i couldnt drink like I do, law school would suck.

6:37 PM  
Blogger josh said...

in my experiences most law students are assholes. the key is to find some good friends you like. if not, fuck 'em. if there's 1 thing i learned in law school, it's what rearloading is. but if there's 2 things, its rearloading, plus there's no law that says you have to be friends with most of the people after graduation!

also, i like your blog, and am linking it on my page, fyi/in case you even care

11:38 AM  
Blogger M said...

Law school sucks even with the drinking! I guess there would be less at Harvard, but I would just drink alone in my room anyway.

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home