Thursday, July 06, 2006

A day in the life of a summer associate

This is my average day. I'm not kidding.

9:05am- arrive at work, surf internet, check email
10:00am- halfheartedly search Westlaw for an answer that isn't there
11:00am- go visit other summers, get some coffee
11:30am- return to desk, check email, espn
11:45am- open Westlaw to previous research trail, download a case
11:55am- check menu for lunch restaurant
12:00pm- lunch. at least 2 courses and 3 diet cokes
2:00pm- return to desk, surf internet in food coma
2:30pm- read downloaded case. highlight sparingly
3:00pm- nap lightly with door closed
3:10pm- coffee with other summers, talk about hot associates
3:30pm- start to worry about lack of billables for the day
3:31pm- start researching for real. no answer found as of yet
4:45pm- clean up desk- cleanliness is next to godliness!
4:59pm- leave with the satisfaction of a day's work well done

totals: 3 hours billable, 4 hours recorded as "summer associate time"

and repeat

4 Comments:

Blogger LawNut said...

I think I do even LESS at The Firm, if that is physically possible.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Lily Graypure said...

My summer job consists of me deciding around 1 pm that I should go into work today. I head into town, wander around for a couple of hours sucking up to various business owners, cross my fingers that the deals I make result in a hefty commission check, and call it quits sometime around 4:30. I'm supposed to work full time, but why would I do that when I'm just so darn cute?

11:28 AM  
Blogger Mone said...

wow, youve got a good job!!

9:33 AM  
Blogger LawStudentGuyPerson said...

I thought I was the only one...

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home