Friday, July 14, 2006


If a partner sends you an email, and there is a word misspelled (not just a typo), and you need to include the word in your response, do you use the correct spelling, or the spelling the partner used?


Blogger LawMommy said...

Correct spelling... and correct the spelling in his email when it shows up underneath as the reply. And make no comment or anything about it.
*IF* he notices, he doubtless won't say anything.


9:18 AM  
Blogger LawNut said...

I would use the correct spelling in my response, but leave his incorrect spelling in his original email, so the partner can realize the error of his ways and have a momentary feeling of stupidity, instead of it being the other way around, for once. Because odds are, no one is going to say anything about this to each other. In fact, you're lucky if the partner even notices.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Lily Graypure said...

I use the correct spelling, if I know it. Likely the partner knows the correct spelling but was having a brain fart. There's a chance he or she will be relieved. . . "Ahhh, that solves that, now what's my password for this porn site again? Did I spell it with an a or an e?"

11:31 AM  
Blogger M said...

Wow, you guys are more brave than me. I used the incorrect spelling, then bent over and asked for some more.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home